Milk Moovement is looking for a Junior Front-End Developer to join the front-end team. The Front-End team delivers beautiful, performant, and inclusive products. They maintain the code expression of our Web System, as well as UX libraries that allow us to create consistently excellent experiences for our users.
In this role you will be responsible for working on daily product improvements as well as large scale projects. Projects include but are not limited to: Route tracking and optimization, end consumer product traceability and any great ideas you might have to contribute to our product roadmap!
You will report to a Senior Front-end Developer from Halifax, St. John’s, Minneapolis or Remote.
What You’ll Work On:
In the role as Junior Front-End Developer, the successful applicant will be tasked with:
- Creating responsive design
- Developing the Milk Moovement cooperative and farmer web application
- Working with your team’s product owner and Lead Developer manager to forecast deliveries over multiple sprints
- Translating loose product requirements into technical specifications
- Working with the team to turn large, deeply technical tasks into manageable chunks
- Having daily standups with dev team to go over current work
- Bug fixing
- User session monitoring and improvement
What We're Looking For:
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical or engineering field
- 3-5 years in software development
- Proven technical skills using technologies and frameworks
- Experience with our tech stack
- Experience in a fast-paced environment
- Creative minds that aren’t afraid to work hard
What’s In It For You?
- Flexible work environment. Whether you choose our office in St. John’s, Halifax, Minneapolis, Remote or anywhere in between.
- Autonomy and responsibility. we hire the best talent. We trust you to get the job done, when you do that is up to you.
- Endless career growth potential. Milk Moovement is a start-up, so you'll have plenty of opportunities to make your mark on the product and the company from day one!
- An environment in which you are recognized and appreciated for what you do.
- Unlimited paid vacation, of which 2 weeks is required each year! It’s in the perks we want you to take it!
- Training andDevelopment Online Course Toolkit.
- Competitive salary structure.
- Annual salary increases.
- Exciting team-building events.
- Every second Friday is an Innovation Day. Everyone works on their own creative project that may become part of the Milk Moovement system!
- Access to the late stand greatest software tools to make your workday easier.
Milk Moovement COVID-19 Hiring Status
Milk Moovement employees are currently working from home and we are still conducting remote interviews and hiring during this time. This role is expected to start remotely, and we’ll work closely with you as we understand every person has unique circumstances.
About The Company:
Milk Moovement is a software company with offices in St. John’s, Newfoundland andHalifax, Nova Scotia as well as a remote team.
MilkMoovement provides actionable intelligence across the dairy supply chain through its cloud-based software.
Milk Moovement is a powerful tool that connects all players in the dairy supply chain. With features for transportation monitoring, production tracking, quality monitoring & producer payment, Milk Moovement is the only tool you need to manage a dairy supply chain. Visit our About Us pages for more information about our team.
The Nitty Gritty:
Location: Halifax, St. John’s, Minneapolis or Remote
Hours: Full Time (Flexible)
At Milk Moovement, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.